People naturally go ‘oooh you are turning 30 next year’ and what not but I do not see that as anything definitive or significant. I mean sure, 30 is a nice number. But that does not explain why 21 is a significant age instead of 20 in the same argument. I like where I am. And I think that every year can be and should be a significant year. Why would I make any given year more special so the past year can be less so? Why would I be afraid of being older when it means I am wiser? I wouldn’t give anything to go back to being 21. If it’s a choice between going back and death, I choose going back to 25, at most. (Nicole Kidman’s Virginia Woolf chose death in The Hours. Siao.) I am glad I don’t have any post-teen pre-mature anxieties and problems to deal with and overcome, and most thankfully, not having to understand all those complexities of life all over again. I am good now. Thanks.
But why would I then, reject happiness that is being showered upon me? If my birthday is a reason for me to shower in joy, why not. Happiness is being peace, being contented and being aware. People love me so I accept it. I love people and I just want them to accept it. Loving a lover back for loving is an absurd concept. Anywayssss, here’s why my year has been awesome so far:
1. I was very busy in Q1 of 2013. Thanks to the Fortune God.
2. For the first time in 10 years, I know who my real buddies are. And they know who I am.
3. I helped 2 of my most favourite men propose to their gfs. Such joy!
4. Babies. One for Joel. One (more) for Xiongkun. One (more) for my Brother in June. (Niece for me)
5. I registered Fiction Shore. Which is a company I now own. But it is doing nothing at the moment thanks! Excited nonetheless.
6. I got a new Porter Japan wallet from Weidong + Edward + YY. Long wallets are back ho’
7. I found a MUJI umbrella that is worthy to replace my love for the ‘superbig when opened but supersmall when closed’ Uniqlo umbrella.
8. Bought a GoPro camera, hopefully to go pro. But mostly in slow-motion.
9. Applying to study again, which gets me all motivated.
10. Met new friends, who introduced me more new friends and more new friends. Eventually all these new friends got involved in my music video. Releasing soon.
11. Wonderful dinner and cake by Eric. Very very memorable.
12. I bought myself the iPhone 5 and Freitag phone case. Bye bye to lousy home button Bye bye to gimmicky Coin Phone case😦
13. There is a sheltered walkway from my block to the bus stop. It forever changed the way I imagined my neighbourhood.
14. The new smoking bans. If you can’t fight the law, fight the habit.
15. In a world with lesser Faye Wong albums, I am not the least bit affected due to my periodic eBay purchases.
16. Pokka introduced, after a thousand years, Green Tea with no sugar.
The list doesn’t end. But this post shall. With it I would like to share a video that is apparently the Grandfather of viral videos: